We look forward to seeing you all with your greyhound etc at our annual Greyhound walk in memory of Duke & Freya to be held again at Woodhall Spa.
Details below and for those who have not received sponsorship forms etc then please email firstname.lastname@example.org ro call 07811 296029 and we can send some out.
Please do try to come as it is so very, very important to Karen to have your support.
As many of you know, Karen is not as well as she used to be and she is not one that has ever asked for much over the years but I know this does mean an awful lot to her, to see all her dogs together once a year.
Please read the information added on here and it can also be sent to you.
Thank you all so very much for your continued support over the years. X
SPONSORED WALK / WALK FOR A DONATION
SUNDAY 18th AUGUST 2019
PINEWOODS WALK, WOODHALL SPA, LINCOLNSHIRE
CAR PARKS: There are two car parks free for the first two hours: Dambusters Memorial, Royal Square (Station Road) and one near the Police Station also on Station Road (B1191).
MEETING POINT: By the Pinewoods Walk trail map to the right of public toilets (black and white building) on Spa Road.
TIME: 1.00 PM
Please be aware that the Pinewoods Walk is surrounded residential roads with passing traffic so please keep dogs safe. Please also pick up after your dog(s). Thank you.
Enjoy the walk in this pleasant shaded woodland with avenues of diverse trees.
1. With the public toilets (black and white building) behind you and the wood in front of you, turn left and walk along footpath with the woodland on the right. You are now passing the back of the parade of shops on your left.
2. At the Woodland Trust signpost (“What will your legacy be?”) take the footpath to the right.
3. At the crossing of the footpath with the post with the carved image of a face (the green man) on your right, take the track to the left.
4. At the end of the track and on meeting the crossing of the footpaths take the footpath to the right.
5. Continue straight on, passing wooden post way mark with carved pine cone on it on the right and keep straight on.
6. At the next crossing of footpaths (“crossroads”) with the Holly tree on the opposite left corner, take the footpath to the right with silver barked trees on either side of the path.
7. At the next crossing of footpaths (“crossroads”) with the large Oak tree on the right, continue straight ahead, continuing on the right hand footpath.
8. Continue to the right, walk to the right of the fallen tree and keep straight ahead.
9. Follow the footpath straight on, passing the bench on the right.
10. Take the footpath to the left.
11. At the junction of footpaths, take right hand fork.
12. At the next “T junction” of footpaths, take the right hand footpath.
13. Emerge from the woods with the public toilets on the right with Spa Road behind them.
At this point, with public toilets behind you, turn left and walk along footpath with woodland on your right and back of shops on your left.
SPONSOR FORMS AVAILABLE BY EMAIL OR POST – PLEASE CALL 07811 296029 OR CONTACT
EVEN IF YOU GET 1 OR 2 PEOPLE TO SPONSOR YOU – IT ALL HELPS!
*WE ARE ALSO DOING A ROLL CALL TO REMEMBER ALL THE ONES WE HAVE LOST OVER THE YEARS SO IF YOU HAVE ONE OF YOUR BELOVED DOGS YOU WANT US TO ADD THE WE POSSIBLY HAVEN’T YET THEN PLEASE ALSO LET US KNOW. THIS WALK IS ALL ABOUT THEM AFTER ALL*